Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Leribe

Leribe is a small town in the country of Lesotho.  Lesotho is the country found in the eastern part of South Africa.  It would be kind of like the United States with the state of Kansas being a country instead of a state.  Yesterday,  March 29th, my birthday, we headed to Ficksburg where we stayed the night and then crossed the boarder into Lesotho this morning to visit with the church group there.  We visited with the seminaries and Institute teachers and many of the students.  They were so warm and welcoming.  They told us how they wanted us to come every week.  We are having a hard time because we are finding ourselves wanting to be at every ward or branch every week.  Of course that is impossible.  We can only do what we can do.

Elder Edington and I got the opportunity to say a few words in church.  He talked about seminary and institute and I mostly talked about the family.  They are always flabbergasted to find out that we have 6 children and 22 grandchildren.

This is the Primary President and her primary, minus one little three year old that got away.  The tallest boy in the middle invited me to come to primary so I did.  Dalen went with the youth to their class. It was a wonderful day.
Even in South Africa they know "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and "If your Happy".  I got it on Video but I do not know how to put it on the blog.  If I figure it out I will post it.







No comments:

Post a Comment