Thursday, May 1, 2014

Scripture Study

During scripture study today Elder Edington came across these scripture that held a whole new meaning for us as we serve here in South Africa.  Notice the part that says, "O ye who have given your names".  It seemed to us that it was directly speaking of those who fill out paperwork and submit their names to serve a mission.  The scripture goes on to lay out what is expected of missionaries young and old as well as listing the blessings that will be given to those who are faithful.  
2.  Hearken, O ye who have given your names to go forth to proclaim my gospel, and to prune my vineyard. 

3.  Behold, I say unto you that it is my will that you should go forth and not tarry, neither be idle but labor with your might— 

4.  Lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, proclaiming the truth according to the revelations and commandments which I have given you. 

5.  And thus, if ye are faithful ye shall be laden with many sheaves , and crowned with honor, and glory, and immortality, and eternal life.

D&C 64:33 
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.  And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.

I hope we can remember this on the not so wonderful days that happen on occasion in any mission or in life in general for that matter.  Sometimes we wonder if what we are doing really makes a difference.  According to this scripture it truly does.

1 Nephi 19:6
Nevertheless, I do not write anything upon plates save it be that I think it be sacred.  And now, if I do err, even did they err of old; not that I would excuse myself because of other men, but because of the weakness which is in me, according to the flesh, I would excuse myself.


"President Monson stated that, The Redeemer chose imperfect men to teach the way to perfection.  He did so then, He does so now,”  April 2004 conference


No comments:

Post a Comment